Thursday, February 5, 2009

What A Great Week!

Last week Karli, Teagan, and I spent a wonderful week in Florida with Karli's family. We left Saturday morning from Lincoln, and after a stop in Denver landed in Miami that evening. Teagan, by the way did great on her first plane ride. But our journey for the day was not over yet, we piled into a mini-van and drove another three hours to Key West. Ahh, what a nice warm (almost hot), beautiful, relaxing week.


Our first full day, Sunday, was spent touring this old town. We walked down to Mallory Square, that's where all the action is. It is also the main port for cruise ships, and home to some of the oldest buildings in town. And, I might add, home to great Cuban restaurant. You wouldn't believe it, but this little island (4 miles x 2 miles) has been through a lot. Did you know that Truman spent over 170 days of his presidency in Key West. Or the fact that Pan Am made its first flight, and the United States first international flight, from Key West to Cuba.


Monday and Tuesday were our two laziest days. Monday we sat at the pool all day long. Tell you the truth I am not sure I have ever sat in a pool area for as long as we did. Unfortunately, for my tan most of my day was spent in the shade with Teagan. But mama got some good color, and she didn't get burnt this year. While soaking up the afternoon sun a reptilian friend decided to join us. There are iguanas all over the place down here. Tuesday was spent doing more sightseeing, and after talking a nice gentleman at the local fly shop, finding my fishing spot for Wednesday. That is all I have time for! Add more soon!!!!














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am i really seeing what I think i'm seeing? A POST! : ) I'm glad you guys had fun and are home now, I missed you! See you soon, sly.

maggie said...

so excited to see some pictures. you all look so good. teagan looks so adorable and is getting so big. i can't wait to see her (and you guys) in april. i'm getting so excited. love ya!